It can be difficult to exercise by yourself; if you’re just starting out, you might be unsure of what you’re doing, and even if you’re experienced it can be lonely or boring. If you’re not sure where to start, or feel stuck in a rut with your normal routine, think about giving group training a try. Group exercises are typically led by an instructor who leads a class. Below are some of the benefits you can gain from group training.
- If you’re new to working out, the instructors of group classes can help you figure out where to start and give you step-by-step instructions.
- The instructors can help make sure you’re doing your work out correctly so that you don’t injure yourself.
- Having an instructor and other people around with the same goals as you can help you stay motivated to work out!
- Structure is essential to seeing results from your work out. Some people find it easier to stick to a structure if they’re involved in a group.
- Group training can help hold you accountable for showing up & putting effort into your workout.
- Group training can show you a variety of different exercises, which can help break up the monotony of doing the same exercise all the time.
- Being part of a group can also expose you to different social situations due to the variety of people who attend group classes.
- The support and assistance from trainers and others in the group can be just what you need to get through your work out.
- Fitness can feel like a chore, but being in a group class can lead to having fun with your work out!
There are a wide variety of group training classes you can choose from, including aerobics, core conditioning, muscle conditioning, Pilates, yoga, indoor cycling, kickboxing, step, and boot camp, just to name a few. Check out what kinds of classes are offered at your local gym & join a group!