- 4 ounces tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker, season with salt and pepper, add garlic cloves and onion. Pour 1 cup chicken broth over the chicken and cook for about 5 hours.
- In a saucepan stir together the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt. Cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with a fork. In a medium bowl add the chicken and the barbecue sauce, mix to combine.
- Serve with coleslaw on a hamburger bun.
- Serving size: ⅔ cup
- Calories 214
- Fat 8 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Protein 25 g
- Folate 15 mcg
- Cholesterol 130 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Sodium 321 mg
- Potassium 442 mg