- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1cup finely diced celery
- 24 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
To make the marinade:
Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, oregano, sage, chives, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a small bowl.
Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the marinade and stir to coat the shrimp evenly, set aside.
To make the bean salad:
In a medium-sized bowl, add beans, tomatoes and celery; toss well.
Place 6 shrimp on each skewer. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until shrimp has turned pink. Place the shrimp skewers on top of ¾ cup of the bean salad and serve.
- Serving size: about ¾ cup salad and 6 shrimp
- Per serving: 212 calories
- Fat 8 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Carbohydrates 22 g
- Protein 17 g
- Folate 29 mcg
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Calcium 65 mg
- Iron 0 mg
- Sodium 575 mg
- Potassium 242 mg